Polypropylene (PP) Sheet is an economical material that offers a combination of outstanding physical, chemical, mechanical, thermal and electrical properties not found in any other thermoplastic material. Compared to low or high density polyethylene, it has a lower impact strength, but superior working temperature and tensile strength. One of the most inexpensive engineering thermoplastics around, these types of polypropylene sheets offer excellent resistance to acids, chemicals and corrosion. On top of it, since it doesn’t react with water, detergents, acids or bases, polypropylene won’t break down easily and withstands daily wear and tear.
Uses of PP Sheets: –
Due to its high durability and chemical resistance, KGP PP Sheets are popular for stationery, boxes, packaging, matts and industrial component applications.
Apart from these industries, in general, KGP PP Sheets are often used for roofing, wall cladding in hygiene rooms, for food storage and production, cooling and scrubbing towers, plating tanks and hoods, etc. because of its high water-absorption capacity and its ability to deal with a wide range of temperatures.
Key Features and Benefits of PP Sheets: –
- ⦁ Polypropylene Sheet properties ensure that this material is a hard, stiff and easily workable with excellent toughness.
- ⦁ It is an easily weldable thermoplastic which makes it ideal for tanks, fittings and vessels for the mineral processing, mining and galvanising industries.
- ⦁ It has excellent Chemical resistance, impact resistance and is thermoformable.
- ⦁ As compared to HDPE (High Density Poly Ethylene), PP Sheets have a higher scratch resistance.
- ⦁ PP sheets also resist moisture which makes it food grade.